Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Paul Ryan
Jeanne Cummings, assistant managing editor for Politico. Story: ExxonMobil earnings up 69 percent
Mark Plotkin, WTOP political analyst
Chris Core, commentator
Gwen Ifill, moderator and managing editor of "Washington Week" and senior correspondent for "The PBS Newshour"
Glenn Thrush, senior White House reporter for Politico
Military Times reports that defense and veterans programs may get funding cuts in the upcoming budget battle.
Congress must pass another funding measure to keep the government operating past March 4. House Republicans are calling for big cuts to current spending levels. This as President Obama gets set to release his 2012 budget request February 14.
In the State of the Union, the President said he will submit a proposal to Congress to reduce the overlap among agencies. Obama also called for a five-year freeze in domestic spending, but asked lawmakers to do more with entitlement spending. He also promised to continue to invest in innovation and research and development.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Darrell Issa , White House , State of the Union , federal spending , Deficit Commission , green energy , government reorganization , earmarks , transparency , Jason Miller