Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Paul Brubaker
GSA, NASA and NIH are providing agency customers more insight into what they are buying, how they are buying it and what prices they are paying. OFPP plans to launch the Prices Paid Portal later this year. But others say it's not about the data, but the outcomes agencies are trying to achieve.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , GSA , Chris Fornecker , Joanne Woytek , NASA , Rob Coen , NIH , DoD , Karen Pica , OMB , Lesley Field , OFPP , Data transparency , Christina Ho , Treasury , USASpending.gov , Acquisition Excellence Conference , ACT-IAC
Two key contributors to the 1996 Clinger-Cohen Act say there is nothing wrong with the current IT management laws. Agencies and Congress just need to improve how they implement and enforce the IT management directives set out by the law. The Senate is expected to pass the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act next week.
Paul Brubaker is a former fed and currently with Cisco's Internet Business Solutions Group North American Public Sector Practice. He explains why he thinks the past 10 years were full of 'missed opportunities'.
Paul Brubaker, senior director for Cisco System's North America Public Sector Solutions, former deputy CIO at DoD and one of the people who crafted the legislation that created the CIO's over a decade ago, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss changes happening at the DoD CIO office.
October 5th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on green IT initiatives & greening of buildings, top green priorities, key challenges to overcome, lessons learned & best practices and a vision for the future.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , Kevin Kampschroer , GSA , Vaughn Noga , EPA , Terrence Clark , CA ecoSoftware , Cisco Systems , Robert Middlebrooks , Autodesk , Trezza Media Group , Jim Flyzik , The Flyzik Group
We continue our look at the Five Fallacies of Government - today, we're asking is the government behind the technology curve?