Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Patrick Murphy
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" EPA Council 238 Executive Vice President Denise Morrison and Local 704 President John O'Grady discuss the impact of staffing and budget cuts at EPA. AFGE VA Local 1988 Executive Vice President Geddes Scott, TSA Local 554 President Robert Williams and Department of Transportation Local 3313 EVP Robena Reid also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" former Rep. Patrick Murphy (Pa.) discusses his MSNBC program, "Taking the Hill with Patrick Murphy," to bring attention to veterans issues. AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten previews the union's Legislative and Grassroots Mobilization Conference Feb. 9 - 12 while Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul details the latest manufacturing jobs numbers. National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare's Web Phillips reacts to service reductions at SSA.
President Obama will issue an executive order in the next week detailing steps agencies must take to reduce the amount of improper payments. OMB will set up a new online dashboard to track these expenditures, similar to the one for IT projects. Executive order also will implement stricter requirements for contractors to report overpayments.