Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Patrick Gallagher
NIST launched the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence in February and now is giving industry details on how it will work. The center's goal is to bring businesses and government together to solve cyber problems.
Tags: NIST , National Cybersecurity Center for Excellence , cybersecurity , technology , Donna Dodson , industry , Curt Barker , Matt Scholl , Public-private partnership , Karen Waltermire , Henry Wixon , Cooperative Research and Development Agreement , Esther Carey , Federal Drive , Cybersecurity Update
The Industry Botnet Group — coordinated by the White House Cybersecurity Office and the Departments of Commerce and Homeland Security — has posted nine principles, including coordination of cyber responsibilities across sectors and reporting lessons learned.
With the release of the draft of version 1 of the cloud technology roadmap, the agency wants to cast a wider net of cloud expertise. The draft roadmap could be used now by program managers and CIOs in order to meet OMB's goal of moving three services to the cloud by 2013.
WFED's Jason Miller has more.
Patrick Gallagher will examine agency's structure, among other things.
David Ferriero is the new Archivist of the United States.
New National Institute of Standards and Technology Director Patrick Gallagher wants his top managers to take another look at NIST's organizational structure.
Gallagher is asking all 10 of the agency's labs to consider how they are set up to meet their mission. NIST is playing a more critical role than ever in many of the administration's priorities. He says the agency is considering its options for revamping its IT lab.
Government and industry leaders are coming together to discuss progress the government has made to advance open standards in interoperability, portability and security in cloud computing. The National Institute of Standards and Technology will hold its Cloud Computing Forum & Workshop III April 7-8 at the agencyâ€™s headquarters in Gaithersburg, Md. Working groups formed at [...]
The America Competes Reauthorization Act authorizes the agency's programs and sets a path toward the future. President Obama signed the bill into law Tuesday. Several other science and technology agencies receive marching orders from lawmakers.