Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Patrick Fitzgerald
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The Defense Department's chief auditor has been forced from her post and moved to another job inside the Pentagon. April Stephenson had been criticized sharply for her performance by members of Congress. Pentagon comptroller Robert Hale sent an e-mail to agency employees indicating the director of the Army Audit Agency, Patrick Fitzgerald, will replace Stephenson effective Nov. 9. The e-mail says Stephenson will take a senior position in Hale's office.
DCAA has added 500 employees over the last two years but is conducting fewer, though higher quality, audits each year. Director Patrick Fitzgerald explains the thinking behind a new framework.
Improving the performance of federal contract audits is one way a Senate Committee us trying to root out waste, fraud and abuse.
Tags: contracting , management , Claire McCaskill , Scott Brown , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Defense Contract Audit Agency , Project on Government Oversight , Nick Schwellenbach , contract audits , contract oversight , Scott Carr