Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Patrick Fitzgerald
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The Defense Department's chief auditor has been forced from her post and moved to another job inside the Pentagon. April Stephenson had been criticized sharply for her performance by members of Congress. Pentagon comptroller Robert Hale sent an e-mail to agency employees indicating the director of the Army Audit Agency, Patrick Fitzgerald, will replace Stephenson effective Nov. 9. The e-mail says Stephenson will take a senior position in Hale's office.
DCAA has added 500 employees over the last two years but is conducting fewer, though higher quality, audits each year. Director Patrick Fitzgerald explains the thinking behind a new framework.
Improving the performance of federal contract audits is one way a Senate Committee us trying to root out waste, fraud and abuse.
Tags: contracting , management , Claire McCaskill , Scott Brown , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Defense Contract Audit Agency , Project on Government Oversight , Nick Schwellenbach , contract audits , contract oversight , Scott Carr