Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Pat Tamburrino
Pat Tamburrino has been reassigned to be the chief of staff for the acting undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. He has led several initiatives including moving out of the NSPS and improving the speed of Defense hiring.
The Federal Drive spoke with a panel of experts about the lessons learned from NSPS and the future of pay-for-performance in the federal government.
- Pat Tamburrino, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Civilian Personnel Policy
- Patrick Nealon, Director of Deloitte Consulting LLP's Federal Total Rewards practice
- Bob Tobias, former member of the Defense Business Board task group that studied NSPS
Agencies have four months to develop diversity and inclusion plans under a broad, brief governmentwide strategy released Thursday. Proponents say, by making the President's Management Council responsible for progress, the strategy will succeed where past measures have failed.
Tags: diversity , Latino , Hispanic , John Sepulveda , VA , DoD , Veronica Villalobos , OPM , Jorge Ponce , Council of Federal EEO and Civil Rights Executives , hispanic council on federal employment , OMB , Emily Kopp
The Chief Human Capital Officers Council will hold speed matchmaking sessions each quarter starting in 2012 to pair up mentors and those who are looking for such support. Kathryn Medina, the executive director of the CHCO Council, said the success of the first speed mentoring session earlier this year presented an opportunity to address a long-standing need.
The widespread frustration over the Office of Personnel Management's handling of USAJobs.gov has caught lawmakers' attention. The House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce has invited OPM, government inspectors and Monster, the company that previously ran the federal jobs site, to testify at a hearing Tuesday.
Tags: John Berry , OPM , USAJobs , workforce , hiring , technology , Monster Government Solutions , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DoD , Dennis Ross , Emily Kopp , Bob Lam , Ron Johnson , John Kerry , CHCO Council
Agency chief human capital officers showed support for the latest version of the federal jobs website despite its rocky launch. They thanked the Office of Personnel Management for frequent updates on fixes. The council gathered Tuesday for its annual public meeting.
DoD is making progress in changing how it hires civilian employees. The Pentagon said the new process has been beneficial to the applicants as well as the hiring teams. Pat Tamburrino is the deputy assistant secretary of defense for civilian personnel policy
Don't let the paperwork scare you off.