Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Pat Howard
The inconsistent way inspectors general review the security of federal networks and computers is causing uncertainty around what is working and what isn't in the federal government. A recent State Department IG management alert is a prime example of this growing disconnect.
Pat Howard, the chief information security officer at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, joined In Depth to discuss NRC's cybersecurity efforts.
Pat Howard, chair of the (ISC)2 Executive Writers Bureau, discussed the bureau's recent list of eight tips for agency IT leaders to continue to improve cybersecurity even as overall budgets decline.
August 10th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on CyberSecurity in the federal government,top cybersecurity priorities, key challenges to still overcome in IT Security, lessons learned, and a vision for the future - how can we be proactive and prevent attacks?
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cybersecurity , Greg Schaffer , DHS , Rob Carey , Navy , Joseph MOorcones , SafeNet , Sam Chun , HP , Ed White , McAfee , Jim Flyzik , Trezza , Flyzik Group
US Secretary of Commerce Set to Keynote at Online Trust & Cybersecurity Forum, 1.2 Million Computers Infected by Cybercriminals Using Eleonore Exploits Toolkit
VA plans on implementing software to monitor desktop computers every 24 hours. NASA is developing a concept of operations plan to move to real-time oversight. OMB mandated agencies know the status of their networks in real time by November.