Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Partnership for Public Service
The Partnership for Public Service's report is a step-by-step hiring guide for federal managers. Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at PPS, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss hiring reform.
On this Columbus Day, the DorobekINSIDER brings you the best recent stories we think are worth another listen.
Tags: Best of , ROWE , telework , best practices , management , Jody Thompson , Daniel Pink , motivation , Book Club , Tim McManus , Steve Ressler , GovLoop , Young Government Leaders , The New Social Learning , Drive , Tony Bingham , social media , technology
How much can you spend on new projects next year? How can you function until then? We get dos and don'ts from John Palguta with the Partnership for Public Service
The increasingly complex issues facing our country are being addressed by talented, dedicated and selfless people, like those nominated for the 2010 Service to America Medals. We get a preview of the awards from Max Steir, president of the Partnership for Public Service.
The Partnership for Public Service is trying to improve federal hiring practices
The FCC, GSA and the Smithsonian were among the best agencies to work for in the latest survey and officials point to a few specific reasons for their success. Agencies must make their employees feel like they are part of the answer to meeting their mission, agency officials say.
Tags: management , Steven VanRoekel , Linda St. Thomas , Martha Johnson , Shaun Donovan , Analisa Archer , FCC , Smithsonian , GSA , HUD NARA , OMB , Best Places to Work survey , employee communication , jason miller
Learn more from the Partnership for Public Service's Tim McManus
In federal hiring, officials always have to strike a balance: fill the job as quickly as possible, while looking for the right candidate from as big a pool of applicants as possible. A new report suggests evaluating candidates is the weakest part of the entire hiring process.
A recent survey of chief human capital officers reveals some shortcomings and frustrations in the relationship between CHCOs and the Office of Personnel Management. But two veteran federal HR experts said such a tension is natural and even healthy. And a top OPM leader talks about an initiative to resolve concerns over the shortcomings of training on the part of the HR workforce and their ability to assist in hiring reforms.
Tags: management , human resource management , CHCO Council , OPM , Kathryn Medina , DHS , Jeff Neal , John Salamone , FMP , Ron Sanders , Booz Allen Hamilton , Grant Thornton , hiring reforms , Max Cacas
The DorobekInsider gets details about a new report from the Partnership for Public Service and Grant Thorton.