Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Partnership for Public Service
A report released Wednesday said the cost of government attrition goes beyond dollar figures alone but can also have "significant consequences" on an agency's policies and programs.
A report by the Partnership for Public Service and Booz Allen Hamilton point to the need for agencies to examine who is leaving their jobs and why because the costs may go beyond dollar figures and impact policies and programs.
Host Bill Bransford examines two programs that take an in-depth look at the good work done by federal employees: the Service to America Medals and the Feds Helping Feds programs.
October 22, 2010
How federal managers can prepare for furloughs, layoffs and hiring freezes from the Partnership for Public Service's John Palguta.
The Partnership for Public Service's report is a step-by-step hiring guide for federal managers. Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at PPS, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss hiring reform.
On this Columbus Day, the DorobekINSIDER brings you the best recent stories we think are worth another listen.
Tags: Best of , ROWE , telework , best practices , management , Jody Thompson , Daniel Pink , motivation , Book Club , Tim McManus , Steve Ressler , GovLoop , Young Government Leaders , The New Social Learning , Drive , Tony Bingham , social media , technology
How much can you spend on new projects next year? How can you function until then? We get dos and don'ts from John Palguta with the Partnership for Public Service
The increasingly complex issues facing our country are being addressed by talented, dedicated and selfless people, like those nominated for the 2010 Service to America Medals. We get a preview of the awards from Max Steir, president of the Partnership for Public Service.
The Partnership for Public Service is trying to improve federal hiring practices
The FCC, GSA and the Smithsonian were among the best agencies to work for in the latest survey and officials point to a few specific reasons for their success. Agencies must make their employees feel like they are part of the answer to meeting their mission, agency officials say.
Tags: management , Steven VanRoekel , Linda St. Thomas , Martha Johnson , Shaun Donovan , Analisa Archer , FCC , Smithsonian , GSA , HUD NARA , OMB , Best Places to Work survey , employee communication , Jason Miller