Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Partnership for Pubic Service
The hunt for a job in the federal government can be confusing from the very start. Logging onto USA Jobs and searching for a job as a "secretary" can land you options ranging from public affairs officer to associate deputy assistant secretary for program planning and budget. Then comes navigating the technical requirements, executive core requirements, and the actual application process itself. Tim McManus is Vice President for Education and Outreach at the Partnership for Public Service. He shared some tips for aspiring feds on In Depth with guest host Jared Serbu.
The problems at Veterans Affairs, and the unsuccessful rollout of healthcare.gov could be evidence of something systemic. Some call it a 'civil service crisis'. Whatever it is, it's claimed jobs at both the career and political appointee levels. John Palguta is the Vice President for Policy at the Partnership. He spoke with Tom and Emily on the Federal Drive.
The Obama administration calls on agencies to get smarter about tracking employee morale and engagement.
In times of constrained budgets, agencies are cutting and consolidating services to save money and resources. Could it be the key to transforming government? A new report looks at what three agencies are doing right.
2013 marks the lowest employee satisfaction scores in agencies, according to the annual Best Places to Work report from the Partnership for Public Service and Deloitte. Governmentwide numbers show the federal workforce most concerned with leadership, mission and pay.
The Partnership for Public Service named Orice Williams Brown, the managing director of GAO's Financial Markets and Community Investment, a finalist for a 2013 Service to America Medal.
The Partnership for Public Service named Dave Broomell, the project manager at the Social Security Administration's Chicago Region office, a 2013 Service to America Medal finalist in the Citizen Services category. The award recognizes feds who have made significant contributions in the area of citizen services.
Jenny Mattingley will host a roundtable discussion of the events during Public Service Recognition Week.
April 26, 2013
Tags: Public Employees Roundtable , Public Service Recognition Week , workforce , Jenny Mattingley , Bill Bransford , Jim Seymour , Robyn Kehoe , federal employees education and assistance fund , Service to America Medals , YouTube , PERoundtable , Twitter , Facebook , Fed Talk
Robert Litan discusses a Bloomberg Government study about rule-making in the Obama administration. Michael Tinsley, CEO of NeoSystems Corp., offers insight on how furloughs might affect federal contractors. Procurement attorney Joe Petrillo weighs in on a a 2012 Supreme Court case that could come back to bite federal agencies facing budget cuts under sequestration. Gregory Wilshusen discusses a new GAO report on how prepared agencies are to fend of online assaults. John Palguta of the Partnership for Public Service talks about sequestration and the threat of furloughs.
Tags: Robert Litan , Bloomberg Government , rule-making , Michael Tinsley , NeoSystems Corp. , contracting , industry , sequestration , furloughs , Joe Petrillo , Petrillo and Powell , budget , Gregory Wilshusen , GAO , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , John Palguta , DoD , DoD Report , Federal Drive
Avue Technologies Co-CEO Linda Rix, joins host Derrick Dortch to talk about what's ahead for federal human resources managers.
August 10, 2012
Tags: workforce issues , federal hiring , downsizing , early retirement , brain drain , human resource management , human resources , Grant Thornton , Linda Rix , Avue Technologies , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access