Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: PTO
Tags: Patent and Trademark Office ,
UPI reports U.S. defense companies, likely to face a cut in Pentagon spending, may find cyber-security a profitable replacement.
How would you like to be able to invest part of your TSP contributions in a fund outside the federal 401(k) plan? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you may get the option.
The outgoing secretary said he has focused on achieving stretch goals and impressing upon employees to look at their jobs differently. Gary Locke initiated changes to how Commerce does budget planning, buys goods and services and serve their customers.
John Owens, the CIO at the Patent and Trademark Office, says his biggest priority is to fix the patent process.
March 10, 2011
Administrator Martha Johnson said changes in the way people work and the technology they have access to are major reasons why GSA will no longer guarantee a specific number of workers at the area telecenters. GSA remains committed to telework in other ways, including the launch of a new collaboration platform called FedSpace. It also awarded a contract to deploy telepresence at 15 offices around the country.
A new advisory council will provide Commerce and other agencies with ideas for how the government can help push federally-funded technologies into the commercial marketplace. Locke said his agency will do its part by speeding up the patent process to one year and get certain grant funding out in 30 days. Commerce also is working with NIH and NSF on the i6 Challenge where $12 million is available for companies to commercialize technologies.
Tags: technology , Gary Locke , Aneesh Chopra , Rahm Emanuel , Ginger Lew , White House , Commerce , National Economic Council , National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrep , NIH , NSF , Mike Morse , Mike Crow , Tom Albert , Holden Thorp , Steve Case , Mary Sue Coleman , University of North Carolina , AOL , University of Michigan , Madrona Venture Group , Arizona State University , innovation , i6 Competition , entrepreneurship , Jason Miller
A major new patent examination initiative would provide applicants greater control. USPTO's David Kappos explains how it will work.
The next challenge for supporters of teleworking in the government has nothing to do with laptops, laws or cybersecurity. Instead, experts say that challenge will be to convince the recalcitrant manager in the office down the hall, who doesn't like the idea.
Tags: management , telework , Danette Campbell , OPM , John Berry , Coalition for Effective Change , Partnership for Public Service , GSA , Margaret Higgins , NTEU , Kurt Vondran , Max Cacas , Rachel Stevens , pay and benefits