Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: PTO
David Kappos, director of the Patent and Trademark Office, is stepping down early next year.
Despite the federal government closing its offices to the public on Monday and Tuesday, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office was still able to average 70 percent productivity, thanks to its telework policy.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel wants agencies to create vendor management organizations to centralize how contractors work with departments. So far, four agencies are piloting the vendor management organizations. VanRoekel, who also wants agencies to use investment review boards more for strategic goals, said the use of both tools "very much align with our priorities to do more with less."
Tags: technology , management , Steven VanRoekel , David Kappos , Roger Baker , Scott Gould , David Hayes , VA , Interior , IRS , vendor management organizations , investment review boards , Jason Miller , President
Danette Campbell, the senior telework advisor for the U.S. Patent and Trade Office, is a finalist for a Service to America Medal.
Tags: Patent and Trademark Office ,
UPI reports U.S. defense companies, likely to face a cut in Pentagon spending, may find cyber-security a profitable replacement.
How would you like to be able to invest part of your TSP contributions in a fund outside the federal 401(k) plan? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you may get the option.
The outgoing secretary said he has focused on achieving stretch goals and impressing upon employees to look at their jobs differently. Gary Locke initiated changes to how Commerce does budget planning, buys goods and services and serve their customers.
John Owens, the CIO at the Patent and Trademark Office, says his biggest priority is to fix the patent process.
March 10, 2011