Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: POGO
Angela Canterbury, director of Public Policy at the Project on Government Oversight, said the Obama administration's efforts at transparency and openness have garnered mixed results.
Disagreement persists over whether provisions in a new contracting bill will enhance oversight of overseas contracting during conflicts or create another bureaucratic layer that penalizes contractors.
A dozen agencies have no permanent inspector general and some have been without one for several years, according to an IG tracker by the Project on Government Oversight.
Jake Wiens, a Project on Government Oversight investigator, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the number of vacancies of agency inspectors general. POGO maintains a list of IG vacancies.
Scott Amey is General Counsel at the Project on Government Oversight and explains why his group is behind the executive order.
New rule would create database that would bring in existing information and require contracting officers, vendors to submit new data as well. FAR Council wants specific business rules for the data.
The Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit has defined a "reverse" FOIA action as one in which the "submitter of information -- usually a corporation or other business entity" that has supplied an agency with "data on its policies, operations or products -- seeks to prevent the agency that collected the information from revealing it to a third party in response to the latter's FOIA request." POGO's National Security Investigator, Mandy Smithberger, explains it for us.
Alan Chvotkin, executive vice president and counsel at the Professional Services Council, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss recent speculation that the Defense Department ignored proposals from the Defense Contract Audit Agency nearly two years ago.
An upcoming conference features theme-based workshops led by prominent whistleblowers and good government organizations, a national security panel with star whistleblowers in the industry and more! Tom Devine with the Government Accountability Project has details.