Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: PII
Greg Garcia, the director of the Army's IT Agency, said the organization has been piloting a virtualized desktop initiative and almost is ready to move into full production.
Chief privacy officer at the agency says standard operating procedures are different because of breach.
The Defense Department will begin taking Social Security numbers off of the ID cards held by DoD employees and retirees. The changes, part of a 2008 SSN reduction plan, will begin in June, officials said.
The Defense Department continues to scrub service members' social security numbers from public DoD websites. The armed services plan to transition to an alternative ID number system by 2012.
The military's use of personal identifiable information places service members at a higher risk of identity theft than the population at large.