Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: P&B
Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) will introduce a Congressional Resolution today stating that federal employees are entitled to, and should come to expect, a reasonable degree of personal safety and security on the job.
The recent concern over the spread of the H1N1 flu virus has again called attention to "continuity of operations" (COOP) in the Federal Government. According to the most recent report from the Office of Personnel Management, just over half of all Federal agencies include teleworking as part of their COOP planning. A local group held a lunchtime event yesterday at the Federal Triangle to push the cause of teleworking.
Rep. Issa says acquisition reform must begin with defining inherently governmental. He also proposes to use third parties to help write contract requirements.
Tags: contracting , Rep. Darrell Issa , Jeff Liebman , OMB , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Energy , DoD , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , acquisition reform , inherently governmental , workforce , In-sourcing , A-76 ,
NSPS task force to get down into pay for performance weeds. Defense and OPM team up to announce a new task force to lead the way.
Is the slowly recovering economy turning into up indicators for the Thrift Savings Plan? Our guest analyst on this month's edition of "TSP Snapshot" suggests that the answer to that question is "yes".
Yes, but will it work?
A good reaction to the administration's efforts to revive the economy has made March a good month for the TSP C-fund.