Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Oversight and Government Reform Committee
The Chairman of House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Republicans can sound evil during the debate about whether feds are overpaid. But the bigger issue, he said, is the overall HR processes used across government. Issa said agencies need to have a right-size the workforce more easily.
The Delaware Democratic senator wrote a letter to federal CIO Vivek Kundra asking for more details about which transparency websites will continue and which will go dark. Congress reduced the E-Government Fund by 76 percent in 2011forcing some near-term decisions.
The chairman of the subcommittee on federal financial management said legislation may be needed to ensure agency accounting procedures are focusing on stopping improper payments. He said progress across the government is good, but more tools are necessary. OMB is testing the Do Not Pay List and plans to launch the full portal in 2012.
GAO's biannual list includes 30 programs that are in trouble. House and Senate members promise to focus more of their attention on the initiatives most at risk. Members plan to use the model that worked for DoD and personnel security clearances in other problematic areas.
Tags: management , Gene Dodaro , Elijah Cummings , Darrell Issa , Josphe Lieberman , Daniel Akaka , Susan Collins , GAO , DoD , Census , USPS , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , High Risk list , personnel security clearances , congressional oversight , 2010 census , cybersecurity , waste, fraud and abuse , Jason Miller
Experts and lawmakers say the proof will be in the OIRA guidance to agencies in how impactful these reforms will be. Agencies must submit plans to OIRA in 120 days about how they will review existing regulations to ensure they are still relevant. Agencies will have to determine a cost-benefit analysis on existing rules.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Cass Sunstein , Darrell Issa , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , White House , OIRA , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , Gary Bass , Susan Dudley , OMBWatch , George Washington University , regulatory reform , regulatory burden , executive order , Jason Miller
As the dust settles from the midterm elections, look for changes to how cybersecurity matters are handled on Capitol Hill. Homeland Security NewsWire is reporting that Representatives Peter King of New York and Darrell Issa of California will likely chair two committees with cybersecurity oversight.