Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Oversight
Acting General Services Administration chief Dan Tangherlini said the 'Hats Off' incentive program has been suspended. Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), who has promised an investigation into agency spending, said she's not sure GSA's actions are enough to change the culture.
The chairman of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee said he will hold a hearing when Congress returns from recess on the scathing IG report and other shortcoming at GSA's Public Building Service. Scott Amey of POGO said the management failures at GSA show a systemic problem.
Tags: management , oversight , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , John Mica , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Scott Amey , Project on Government Oversight , waste, fraud and abuse , Jason Miller , Congress
Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry issued a directive today claiming his agency never approved thousands of dollars in questionable meals and entertainment expenses incurred by the Combined Federal Campaign. Earlier this month, OPM's Inspector General's Office reported that CFC had charged for box seats at a Washington Nationals event, chair massages and other expenses.
Angela Canterbury, director of Public Policy at the Project on Government Oversight, said the Obama administration's efforts at transparency and openness have garnered mixed results.
The Obama administration has released a set of proposals it hopes will improve the oversight of grant programs. Danny Werfel, controller at the Office of Management and Budget, told Federal News Radio why the changes are necessary.
The latest report on the 10-year effort to build a nationwide interoperable communications system shows law enforcement agents are still using 15-year-old radios. DoJ's Integrated Wireless Network program has been a victim of budget shortfalls and poor governance.
Congress is telling the Defense Department to take a new look at the way it makes decisions about buying big business systems. DoD's deputy chief management officer will take the lead in this effort.
Tags: DoD , Congress , management , Elizabeth McGrath , Business process reengineering , investment review boards , DoD strategic management plan , DIMHRS , DoD budget , Jared Serbu , AFCEA , Defense Authorization Bill , oversight
The Government Accountability and Transparency Board submitted its first report to President Barack Obama last week highlighting oversight and accountability initiatives that could be used by more agencies. The Recovery Board is testing a new site to bring together analytical and forensic tools to prevent and find waste, fraud and abuse.
Tags: management , budget , Campaign to Cut Waste , OMB , Jacob Lew , Recovery and Transparency Board , Government Accountability and Transparency Board , improper payments , waste, fraud and abuse , Jason Miller , oversight
Public flights don't fall under the same Federal Aviation Administration rules as civil aircraft do. The FAA can't regulate them and doesn't conduct any oversight.
The Justice Department and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement led a government-wide effort to stem the flow of counterfeit products. The White House launched a public-service campaign to let citizens know the impact of fake products on the economy. The Senate passed more stringent rules for DoD and its vendors to make sure military parts are original.
Tags: oversight , DHS , DoD , ICE , John Morton , White House , Victoria Espinel , Counterfeit products , National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center , Carl Levin , John McCain , Defense Authorization Bill , Jason Miller