Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Orrin Hatch
A fundraising push by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is drawing criticism from a key Senate Republican who questions whether she has a conflict of interest.
President Barack Obama has officially asked lawmakers for the authority to consolidate and reorganize federal agencies as part of a first-step in merging several agencies related to business and trade. If Congress approves the legislation, Obama has said his first step would be to merge several business- and trade-related agencies into a single Cabinet-level department.
Senate leaves town without confirming nomination of 26th public printer. Boarman is unclear why his nomination has stalled.
The House is loosening its Internet teleconferencing rules, allowing for Skype, but the Senate still can't hold meetings over Wi-Fi.
The International Cybercrime Reporting and Cooperation Act is coming back to the Hill.
With Congress set to return for a lame-duck session after the elections, it is unclear whether lawmakers will have the time or inclination to pass a comprehensive cybersecurity bill. Some experts are calling for Congress to address at least some of the most important aspects if they can't agree on a larger bill.
Your agency's oversight by Congress can cause heartburn for the leadership of the organization.