Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Oracle
Trusted Cyber Solutions CEO Riley Repko talks about cloud computing and security threats to mobile technologies.
April 12, 2011
Oracle on Thursday filed a copyright and patent infringement claim against Google over its Android operating system.
Justice's decision to join the False Claims Act lawsuit against Oracle is another signal that vendors are facing more oversight. This is the second time Oracle has come under litigation for allegedly overcharging the government. Experts say contractors need to be prepared for pre-award and post-award audits of GSA schedule contracts.
The suit was filed back in 2007.
From problems with handheld computers to headaches concerning the development of "back-office" computing systems, technology has been a high-risk area for the Census. But now, the current Census director seems to have good news: problems with one of those back-office systems have been fixed.
Federal IT managers are under greater pressure than ever before to control costs while increasing energy efficiency and maintaining security. Under the leadership of Federal CIO Vivek Kundra, federal agencies have been tasked with complying with the recent OMB Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative, including the adoption of cloud computing and virtualized IT environments. Are agencies following through with these necessary upgrades, or are they falling behind the times? Tune into this panel to hear experts from GTSI, Oracle, and the Government Business Council (GBC), the research division of Government Executive Media Group, discuss the results of a recent in-depth study into the transformation of IT environments at federal agencies.