Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Open Source
Open Source for America touts the benefits of the "many eyes, few bugs" theory.
Transparency means openness and openness means open source.
Your agency is getting some help when it comes to future open source collaboration projects.
CodeSherpas, Inc. founding partner David Bock joins host John Gilroy to discuss how open source technology can benefit your agency.
May 17, 2011
Tags: technology , Java , ruby , Jruby , CodeSherpas , David Bock , Northern Virginia Java Users' Group , open source , Open source software , Vivek Kundra , OnJava , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , web development , ARMATURE
The Department of Veterans is moving its electronic health record system to the open source community.
Open source brings numerous benefits to NASA software projects, including increased software quality, reduced development costs, faster development cycles, and reduced barriers to public-private collaboration through new opportunities to commercialize NASA technology. NASA's Nicholas Skytland explains.
More agencies are using content management system Drupal to build a web presence that aligns with their mission goals.
The agency's Nebula platform is just one possibility in the process of incorporating public cloud initiatives across the board.