Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Open Season
Federal benefits specialist Ann Vanderslice has some quick tips in the last-minute days before the Open Season deadline.
Hosts Bob Leins and John Elliot give an overview of your health benefit plan options as Open Season 2011 draws to a close.
December 12, 2011
There is still time, but not much, to pick your 2012 health plan. Missing the boat could mean you'll shell out much too much money in premiums. And doing the wrong thing could translate into a $14,000 mistake, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Want to know a way to get more money that doesn't involve a gun, mask or duct tape? It can be done if you take action before quitting time on Monday, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
You can save a lot of money on health insurance premiums if you live the good life and hate your wife...or husband. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey gives some unorthodox tips for navigating through the health insurance open season, which closes next Monday.
Walt Francis, editor of the Checkbook Guide to
Federal Health Plans, and Steve Losey and Sean
Reilly of the Federal Times, join host Mike Causey
on today's program.
December 7, 2011
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's got some health plan hunting advice today, plus an important warning about groups that are fishing for your Social Security number using the Open Season as the entry portal.
The health insurance hunting season ends next Monday. Sticking with your current plan, without doing any shopping, is probably OK. But if 2012 is a bad medical year for you and yours — ignorance is not bliss, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Hosts Bob Leins and John Elliot are joined by SAMBA Executive Director Walt Wilson, Deputy Executive Director Pam Cummings, and Al Schubert, vice president of managed care and health policy for VSP.
December 5, 2011
Walt Francis, editor of the Washington Consumers' Checkbook Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees, joins host Bill Bransford to talk about the FEHBP open season.