Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Open Season
As part of our open season coverage, host Mike Causey will talk with Mike Davis, president and chief operating officer of Dominion Dental Services, and Andy Medici from the Federal Times will bring us up to date on issues affecting feds and retirees.
November 6, 2013
Bart Turney from FSAFEDS discusses the benefits of flexible spending accounts.
Tony Vergnetti will host a roundtable discussion of open season and the options available for federal workers.
November 1, 2013
Tags: workforce , pay and benefits , FEHBP , Anthony Vergnetti , Federal Employee Defense Services , Walt Francis , Checkbook Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees , Joan Melanson , long term care , Long Term Care Partners , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Fed Talk
David Santana, health insurance specialist for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, answers questions about Medicare.
October 28, 2013
Tom Bermatavitz, president of Aetna Federal Plans, talks about open season and the different health care plans that are available.
October 21, 2013
Health insurance premiums on average are going up next year. While the increase isn't as high as many experts predicted it will still be a jolt to feds who have been on a pay raise diet for the past three years, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Then there is the question of whether that "average" increase is 3.7 percent or more like 4.4 percent?
Health premiums for federal employees are going up an average of 3.7 percent, according to the Office of Personnel Management. Postal Service employees, who separate negotiating rights over premiums, will see, on average, a 3.8 percent increase.
OPM is planning to add four new insurance carriers to the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) for 2014. Premium rates and benefits coverage of the new plans would be announced later this year ahead of the annual federal health-insurance Open Season.
Joan Melanson of Long Term Care Partners answers calls and emails about the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program.
April 15, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , long term care , Long Term Care Partners , Long term care insurance program , Bob Leins , Tammy Flanagan , NITP , Joan Melanson , claims processing , informal care , For Your Benefit
Benefits consultant Walton Francis offers top tips for federal employees considering a new health plan. Open Season runs from Nov. 12 to Dec. 10.