Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Open Season
There is a free tool that can help every federal employee make their open season decisions.
Open Season can be tough to navigate for some federal employees. Maryland Democratic Congressman Chris Van Hollen is trying to help federal workers understand their choices.
It's day two of open season for federal employees. Thirty-two health insurance plans are leaving the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program or reducing their coverage across the country. Also, details about vision and dental plan changes, as well as the benefits of Flexible Spending Accounts.
"Unfortunately," Dettman told FederalNewsRadio, "most people tend to stick with their plan unless they have a real good reason to change and I think this year, there's a real good reason to change."
The health insurance open season has been extended. FederalNewsRadio listeners and readers got the first alert last Friday. So what does it mean? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey provides a checklist.
What are your odds of making it through next year without a financially catastrophic illness or accident in your family? Check out today's Federal Report for your 2009 Survival Kit.