Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Olympia Snowe
The agency responds to Sen. Olympia Snowe's letter with the specific steps it's taking to improve human resources issues. The Maine Republican wrote to SBA after Federal News Radio's investigation into alleged whistleblower retaliation, human resources fraud and contracting fraud.
In part 4 of Federal News Radio's investigative series "Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA," allegations of cronyism and conflict of interest in the acquisition process arise. Over the past year, lawmakers and auditors have raised concerns about the agency's acquisition practices. SBA officials deny the accusations and say they are strengthening their acquisition processes.
Tags: management , contracting , Ethel Matthews , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Nydia Velazquez , Eileen Harrington , Sara Lipscomb , SBA , House Small Business Committee , Senate Small Business Committee , FTC , Bill Shook , Rosemarie Straight , Tom Wimer , KnowledgeBank , McKinsey and Company , conflict of interest , whistleblower retaliation , Recovery Act , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA , Jason Miller
The Senate is now considering one of several cybersecurity bills now making their way through the U.S. Congress. The principal co-author of one bill spoke to a software industry group holding a cybersecurity forum at the Newseum yesterday.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , BSA , Newseum , Jay Rockefeller , 2010 Cybersecurity Forum , Senate Commerce Science and Transportation Committ , Gary Locke , Commerce , NIST , Department of Education , OPM
Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee passes small business contracting bill focusing on four main areas. Agencies would have to justify bundled contracts and create new policy to oversee subcontracting. Vendors do not support all provisions of the bill.
Tags: contracting , Mary Landrieu , Ben Cardin , Greg Willis , Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committ , House Small Business Committee , SBA , GSA , Larry Allen , Coalition for Government Procurement , Small business contracting , small business goals , contract bundling , Subcontracting , Small business size standards , Multiple award contracts