Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ohio Drive
Drivers in Northwest have just recovered from the Ohio Drive construction that congested roads around the Lincoln Memorial, and now they have to contend with another jam on a commuter artery just a few miles to the north.
Tags: Calvert Street , Cathedral Avenue , Shoreham Drive , Connecticut Avenue , Rock Creek Parkway , road close , road closures , Road construction , road maintenance , road work , Adam Tuss , Paul D. Shinkman
The smell of fresh asphalt wafted through the air around the area Monday was a reminder that the work to get the the heavily trafficked riverside commuter artery next to Memorial Bridge back to a smooth, car-ready surface was finally complete.
Recent rainy weather has delayed the expected completion date for the Ohio Drive roadwork, which for weeks has backed up traffic behind the Lincoln Memorial.
The roadwork on Ohio Drive that for some drivers has more than doubled the duration of their commutes will be finished by the end of this month or early next month, the National Park Services says.
The work won't wrap up until late October or early November.
Road crews working on Ohio Drive near the Lincoln Memorial have found a problem underneath the original road surface.
Keep grousing. It could be Christmas time before this reconstruction project gets wrapped up.