Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ohio Drive
Drivers in Northwest have just recovered from the Ohio Drive construction that congested roads around the Lincoln Memorial, and now they have to contend with another jam on a commuter artery just a few miles to the north.
Tags: Calvert Street , Cathedral Avenue , Shoreham Drive , Connecticut Avenue , Rock Creek Parkway , road close , road closures , Road construction , road maintenance , road work , Adam Tuss , Paul D. Shinkman
The smell of fresh asphalt wafted through the air around the area Monday was a reminder that the work to get the the heavily trafficked riverside commuter artery next to Memorial Bridge back to a smooth, car-ready surface was finally complete.
Recent rainy weather has delayed the expected completion date for the Ohio Drive roadwork, which for weeks has backed up traffic behind the Lincoln Memorial.
The roadwork on Ohio Drive that for some drivers has more than doubled the duration of their commutes will be finished by the end of this month or early next month, the National Park Services says.
The work won't wrap up until late October or early November.
Road crews working on Ohio Drive near the Lincoln Memorial have found a problem underneath the original road surface.
Keep grousing. It could be Christmas time before this reconstruction project gets wrapped up.