Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Office of Personnel Management
Berry promises 900 new future leaders and an end to KSAs.
Tags: Pay & Benefits , House of Representitives , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Rep. Tammy Baldwin , Rep. Jason Chaffetz , John Berry , Dr. Frank Page , Southern Baptist Convention
A cool afternoon in the hotseat for the next man tapped to run the Office of Personnel Management.
Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry discusses the work of federal employees as part of Public Service Recognition Week.
May 4, 2011
In the wake of some nightmarish stories of commuters stranded on area roads during Wednesday's storm, one reportedly for 14 hours, many blame the government for what they say was insufficient time for people to get home.
The national council released a memo Wednesday to help agency managers work with employee unions. The guidance highlights the importance of, and confusion around, pre-decisional discussions. The council expects more progress over the next year from labor-management councils with individual bargaining units.
Tags: management , National Council on Federal Labor Management Relat , Office of Management and Budget , organized labor , John Berry , Jeffrey Zients , FLRA, FCMS , collective bargaining , labor-relation forums , Meg Beasley
Federal employees may have more to contend with than pay freezes and a Christmas Eve workday this frigid December, with a recent announcement that the government has changed the definition of employee leave for closures.
The House approved a bill that would create government-wide regulations for teleworking.
A lot of the focus of HR reform in the government has been internal - how to make the system work better from the inside - for hiring managers, CHCOs, and OPM itself.
Change can happen, but it will be difficult, says President Clinton's last OPM Director.