Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Office of Government Information Services
Miriam Nisbet, director of the Office of Government Information Services and Rick Blum from the Sunshine in Government Initiative, will discuss a new tool that agencies can use to process Freedom of Information requests.
November 20, 2012
Miriam Nisbet from the Office of Government Information Services and Rick Blum from the Sunshine in Government Initiative, will talk about a new portal that will help agencies with Freedom of Information Act requests.
November 16, 2012
Office of Government Information Services at the National Archives is now open for business. WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Dubbed by lawmakers as the "FOIA Ombudsman", the new Office of Government Information Services at the National Archives is supposed to be a government-wide arbitrator when agencies are at loggerheads with members of the public who request information under the Freedom of Information Act. Yesterday, the new director of the OGIS held her first formal briefing with news reporters to discuss progress in setting up the new agency.
One of Washington's many "good government" groups weighs in on President Obama's recent appointment of a cybersecurity coordinator within the White House. In addition, the Center for Democracy and Technology's Ari Schwartz looks back at the Office of Government Information Services, and the administration's other efforts at openness and transparency in government.
We hear from the head of the new Office of Government Information Services that agency managers will be relying on as they work to meet the Openness directive.