Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Obama Impact
OPM made changes to successfully chip away at an ongoing inadequacy, but the progress came after years of complaints from retired federal employees and urgings from lawmakers. Federal News Radio speaks with David Snell, director of retirement services for the National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association as part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
The agencies soon will issue solicitations that will take them one step closer to deploying integrated electronic health records for service members, veterans and their families. The departments have been working on the project for years but have only recently begun to demonstrate tangible progress.
Tags: DoD , VA , electronic health records , health IT , technology , Ruben Gomez , Barclay Butler , Jeff Miller , Ed Meagher , Robert Wah , House Veterans Affairs Committee , CSC , SRA , DoD Report , Federal Drive
The administration made it a goal to close 40 percent of the government's data centers — or 1,200 centers — by the end 2015, with 525 closed by the end of this year.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Darrell West, vice president and director of Governance Studies at the Brookings Institution joins Federal News Radio as part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
The administration has struggled to fulfill its promise to take enough concrete steps to make cybersecurity a national security priority. Experts say the White House fell short in several areas, most notably in getting comprehensive cyber legislation passed.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , David Smith , Potomac Institute , Bob Dix , Juniper Networks , Patrick Howard , SecureInfo Corp. , Phyllis Schneck , McAfee , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , White House , Congress , Larry Clinton , Internet Security Alliance , Jason Miller
In part 2 of Federal News Radio's special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years, we examine the success and change brought by five technology initiatives. We rated three as effective, one as having made some progress, but more is needed, and a fifth as ineffective.
A chart of the six agencies with the most improper payments in 2011.
Would you like to be present when Uncle Sam, as an employer, gets a physical? Is the federal government a better or worse place to work today than it was a few years ago. For a stem-to-stern look at pay, benefits, acquisition, diversity and contracting, check us out today, starting with Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column.
As part of the special Federal News Radio series, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years, we asked more than two dozen federal agencies — including all of the Cabinet-level agencies — for a list of the most effective, nonpolitical management initiatives or policies they've embarked on over the past four years.