Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Obama
Ron Biz, Obama's nominee to be the nation's top energy regulator, withdrew Tuesday, conceding he did not have enough support for confirmation.
Tags: White House ,
A promise to help power the first family's residence with the sun is finally seeing the light of day. After 30 years, solar panels are finally going back on the White House.
The role of the chief information officer continues to evolve under the Obama administration. Today's federal CIOs are expected not only to drive efficiency, transparency and strengthen information and network security, but also to implement the best technologies and practices to establish and maintain relationships with citizens.
CIOs face additional pressure from the conflicting objectives of their mission. Among them: How does one balance the demand for immediate, transparent access to information while maintaining security and privacy? How does one reduce IT spending while improving services? What is the role of the CIO within the agency and how does one operationalize it?
We'll ask today's panelists to share their views on how to meet these challenges as well as their priorities for the next year. We'll also ask them to share how they are meeting the demands of both the public and the Obama administration while serving as agents of change.
Tags: technology , Federal CIOs Drive High Performance in IT , CIO Panel , Accenture , CIO , transparency , IT , Tom Temin , Federal Drive , Federal Security Spotlight , David M. Wennergren , DoD , Michael Duffy , Treasury , Robert J. Carey , Navy
Openness and transparency are the buzz words in the new Obama Administration. And now with the help of USA dot gov., you can find previously misplaced federal documents online. The new site also offers tips on replacing flooded or burnt documents, as well as links to how to back up documents electronically. The site bases its recommendations on actual experience gained during recovery operations following a fire at the Washington National Records Center in Suitland, MD in 2001.
July 14th, 2009
Listen to this week's show to hear discussion topics including:
- The changing role of the CIO
- How IT has influenced CIOs
- The Obama Administration's focus on the CIO
- DorobekInsider: Management of Change panel: The changing role of the CIO
After months of searching for a Health and Human Services Secretary, the Obama administration is making up for lost time and making health information technology one of its priorities. Speaking before her first congressional committee since being confirmed, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says health information technology can act as the foundation for moving the country's health system forward.
Cutting and trimming without really making a difference