Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OSC
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey is working on a fall TV series called 'The Stupid Fed Show'. It's the ultimate reality show and it doesn't involve desert islands, round-the-world races of switching spouses. It's practically done deal with only one federal official standing in his way. To find out how you can help Mike check his column today and don't pass it on.
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee today approved the nomination of Heather Higginbottom to be deputy director of the Office of Management and Budget.
Carolyn Lerner plans to improve the Office of Special Counsel if confirmed following the agencies two-year span without a Senate confirmed leader.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government , Carolyn Lerner , Daniel Akaka , USERRA , Hatch Act , Labor , OPM , EEOC , whistle blower , protections , best practices , John Buckner
In part 3 of Federal News Radio's exclusive investigative series "Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA," Karla Saunders weighs her options to find resolution in her three-year battle against alleged retaliation. Saunders and three other agency employees say they want to return to their original jobs and restore their reputations. SBA officials say the agency is focusing on strengthening management and oversight.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Karla Saunders , Diane Sellers , Stevie Gray , Ethel Matthews , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , Kevin Mahoney , SBA , Vincent Melehy , Debra Roth , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , whistleblower retaliation , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA , Jason Miller
In part 2 of the special investigative series, Diane Sellers said she faced another round of retaliation just this past January when management moved her into a new position without cause. Sellers and two other career agency officials say they are facing a hostile work environment because they blew the whistle on potential misconduct. SBA says there is no evidence of HR violations or creating phony positions.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Diane Sellers , Ethel Matthews , Stevie Gray , Jonathan Swain , Kevin Mahoney , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , David Robbins , Michael Chodos , Keith Lucas , Elaine Powell Belnavis , SBA , Vincent Melehy , AFGE , whistleblower retaliation , human resources , Jason Miller
Congress expanded the Office of Special Counsel's role to handle half of all claims by veterans under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Previously, OSC just brought claims before the MSPB, but now it will handle them from beginning to end.