Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OPM backlog
On this week's Your Turn radio show, an encore presentation of host Mike Causey's interview with OPM Director Katherine Archuleta. She discusses the status of phased retirement, the retirement-claims backlog and other civil service issues. Andy Medici from the Federal Times joins the show live to discuss President Obama's executive order banning discrimination among LGBT employees of contractors.
June 18, 2014
Tags: pay and benefts , Department of Veterans Affairs , OPM , Katherine Archuleta , retirement , phased retirement , civil service reform , Andy Medici , Federal Times , LGBT , contracting , whistleblower protections , Mike Causey , Your Turn
CBS MoneyWatch Columnist Allan Roth discusses what you can do to maximize your TSP investments, and Nicole Johnson from the Federal Times discusses OPM's plans to reform its IT systems.
March 12, 2014
Feds who are already retired (and those who plan to retire someday soon) have several worries, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. For those about to take the plunge, the concern is the backlog of applications at the Office of Personnel Management. For those already on the roles the fear is that future benefit increases will be downsized each year.
Steve Bauer, executive director of the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund, and Federal Times Senior Writer Stephen Losey will discuss furloughs and other issues affecting federal workers.
May 22, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , Steve Bauer , Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund , FEMA , Oklahoma tornado , Oklahoma City bombing , furloughs , sequestration , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , TSP , TSP L fund , OPM , Mike Causey , Your Turn
The Office of Personnel Management has made steady progress chipping away at a longstanding backlog of retirement claims. But Oversight Committee lawmakers and other government watchdogs remain concerned that the absence of a long-term plan to overhaul the mostly paper-based process combined with across-the-board budget cuts and a lack of strong leadership within OPM could stall or derail the progress the agency has made.
Host Mike Causey will discuss the OPM retirement processing backlog with NARFE Legislative Director Jessica Klement and the Federal Times' Stephen Losey.
May 8, 2013
Host Mike Causey will talk furloughs with Federal Career Experts owner John Grobe, and hiring, retirement backlog, and more with Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times.
May 1, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , workforce , contracting , furloughs , sequestration , hiring , FAA , air traffic controllers , charitable giving , Boston bombings , John Grobe , Federal Career Experts , Sean Reilly , Stephen Losey , Mike Causey , Your Turn
The Office of Personnel Management received fewer retirement claims in November than in any month since February this year, according to new data from the agency. But this is likely just the calm before the storm, according to OPM projections, which anticipate a wave of retirement claims in January.
Host Mike Causey moderates a roundtable discussion
of sequestration, postal service buyouts, and
August 15, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , sequestration , Paul Ryan , budget battle , NARFE , Joseph Beaudoin , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , USPS , buyouts , early retirements , Social Security , TSA , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
Unless you get a better offer or drop dead before your time odds are you are going to eventually retire from the government...maybe in the same job you have now. But Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asks, how soon should your realistic retirement planning begin.