Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OPM
While awaiting the Defense Business Board's final report on the National Security Personnel System, a former top fed in the Office of Personnel Management speaks out on the challenges ahead for President Obama and Defense Secretary Gates as they map out how to implement a better "pay-for-performance" program for the Pentagon. One that will win the support of federal labor unions which vehemently oppose the existing Rumsfeld-era NSPS.
A reality for military families is that when transfer orders come in, family members have very short notice to uproot their lives, and move. For military spouses, that usually means leaving a good job. But now, the Office of Personnel Management has announced new hiring policies that will give military spouses a little more flexibility in finding a new job when those orders are issued.
Founder and CEO
July 20th, 2009
In an historic first, three federal department and agency heads met to discuss the creation of a model Work-Life campus that would include more than 6,000 Federal employees on multiple acres.
Every agency will have access to hire candidates from database. Several other hiring reforms in the works, OPM says.