Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OPM
WFED's Mike Causey says it's the worst decision any OPM director ever has to make.
Understanding the long term consequences for government policy is not a regular part of the federal diet, but it should be.
Agencies issues a RFQ for a vendor to provide a variety of wellness and health services in a pilot program for three agencies in Washington.
Berry tells Federal News Radio that he considered many factors before deciding to call for a delayed opening/unscheduled leave. He stressed that he was under no political pressure to do so, and expressed his desire to use the entire week as a reason to push for an increase in teleworking throughout the federal government.
The Maryland Senator calls the problem "urgent" and "unacceptable." Mikulski wants to know why federal employees have to wait so long to receive data on retirement payments.
CHCO Jeff Neal says the agency received permission from OMB and OPM to hire 90 SESers. He also wants to ensure the senior manager ranks include more women and minorities.
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has more.
Director John Berry says he relies on a 6:00 p.m. conference call with local governments to help make the decision on the operating status of the federal government.
It is one of the toughest decisions for an OPM director: whether to close the government or not. We hear from former OPM director Linda Springer.
Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry joins us at 3 p.m. to talk about making the call to close the federal government. We'll ask him which way he's leaning for tomorrow when the next big snow event is being predicted. Federal agencies that employ 230,000 in Washington were closed today at an estimated cost of $100 million.