Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OPM
Computer breaches starting to level off, GISLA awards open for nominations
The Senate is now considering one of several cybersecurity bills now making their way through the U.S. Congress. The principal co-author of one bill spoke to a software industry group holding a cybersecurity forum at the Newseum yesterday.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , BSA , Newseum , Jay Rockefeller , Olympia Snowe , 2010 Cybersecurity Forum , Senate Commerce Science and Transportation Committ , Gary Locke , Commerce , NIST , Department of Education ,
President Obama has said publicly that he is a big fan of performance management, and wants to blend its practice into the day-to-day operation of the Federal Government. But what does that mean for feds who are tasked with actually making the wheels of government turn every day? The Association of Government Accountants convened a conference to discuss performance in government.
Tags: management , AGA , Department of Transportation , Linda Washington , CHCO Council , Al Reynolds , Treasury Department , CFO Council , Mike Duffy , CIO Council , Rich Beck , Department of the Interior , Performance Improvement Council , President Obama , Max Cacas
OPM, GSA, Interior hold fair in Washington to educate employees about being greener. GSA administrator Johnson says it takes a collaborative approach to be more efficient. OPM director Berry calls for more telework to save energy.
Friday and Monday are the most popular telework days in government. So are you doing your thing from your home computer or are you at work work? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's got the latest saga in the telework marathon.
President Obama has mandated that federal government service be "cool" again. In an effort to comply, OPM director John Berry says he's going to try to find room for cutting edge technology in the federal workplace. Even if it means going into the depths of the basement of the OPM Building at 19th and E Streets NW.
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Promised changes are starting to take hold; 900 new employees are screened, waiting to be hired.
OPM says two agencies will hold training sessions on how to use this new approach to hire senior executives. OPM also is working with other organizations to extend the training new SESers receive.
Tags: IRMCO 2010 , Pay & Benefits , management , Nancy Kichak , John Berry , John Palguta , Senior Executive Association , Partnership for Public Service , Veterans hiring , Senior Executive Service , onboarding , hiring reforms , Hiring databases
OPM Director John Berry tells our own Jason Miller about the small steps the agency is taking to improve and automate the retirement processes.