Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OPM
In these times of high unemployment and economic uncertainty, federal workers are continuing a trend of job satisfaction.
What is OPM trying to find out?
The next challenge for supporters of teleworking in the government has nothing to do with laptops, laws or cybersecurity. Instead, experts say that challenge will be to convince the recalcitrant manager in the office down the hall, who doesn't like the idea.
Tags: management , telework , Danette Campbell , John Berry , Coalition for Effective Change , Partnership for Public Service , PTO , GSA , Margaret Higgins , NTEU , Kurt Vondran , Max Cacas , Rachel Stevens , pay and benefits
In case of emergency, do you know what your telework options are? OPM says NOW is the time to find out.
Imagine working for a place where the boss could give you a bonus or pay raise for good performance, or freeze your pay and dock your annual leave if you repeatedly fail to measure up. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says imagine you are working there because it's coming your way.
Agency graduates first class from a training series that participants say will help them meet challenges they face on the job every day.
Auditors looked at 117 employee conversations to career positions from political ones and found most followed the rules. OPM is reviewing five of the seven that GAO determined to be improper.
As agencies try to hire hundreds of trained cybersecurity experts in the coming years, there are questions about whether that need can be met. Some observers wonder whether there really are enough cybersecurity workers.
The first graduates of a new leadership training program run by the Office of Personnel Management received their certificates yesterday. They are, as OPM Director John Berry describes them, the "tip of the spear" of a cadre of up-and-coming federal workers who are honing their leadership skills to be the next generation of agency leaders and executives who will run the government.
WFED's Max Cacas reports.