Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OPM
What if the government hit you with a pay cut of 20 to 40 percent for an extended period? That's not a threat. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it's more like a promise for many recent federal and postal retirees.
We're about two months out from the third annual Federal Hispanic Career Advancement Summit, November 29th and 30th at NIH in Bethesda, Maryland.
Both employee unions and agencies say certain phrases in President Obama's executive order creating these committees need to be better defined. VA deputy secretary Gould will lead an effort to bring some precision to terms such as pre-decisional, to make sure everyone is working from the same sheet of paper. National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relations also details first set of bargaining pilots, called B-1.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , John Berry , Scott Gould , Jeff Neal , DHS , VA , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Bill Dougan , NFFE , National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relat , labor-mangement forums , B-1 pilots , telework , Jason Miller
In federal hiring, officials always have to strike a balance: fill the job as quickly as possible, while looking for the right candidate from as big a pool of applicants as possible. A new report suggests evaluating candidates is the weakest part of the entire hiring process.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , hiring reforms , Partnership for Public Service , Joshua Joseph , NIH , Christine Majors , DoE , Brian Costlow , ODNI , Elizabeth Kolmstetter , employee assessments , Max Cacas
A new Bureau of Labor Statistics report provides the latest information on how the federal government compares with other industry in hiring persons with disabilities. The report comes as the White House and the Labor Department are pressing agencies and contractors to hire more persons with disabilities. New recruitment and hiring strategies are due in September.
The Office of Management and Budget is throwing a lifeline, of sorts, to 15 agencies who have IT projects that are on its high-risk list. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said the 26 projects on his new high priority list are mission critical. He said some extra attention now could reap dividends down the road when those projects finally realize their long-awaited potential.
Tags: management , technology , OMB , Vivek Kundra , Matt Perry , DoJ , Vance Hitch , Bernie Mazur , Interior , NARA , David Ferrierro , Senate , Tom Carper , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , FBI, Sentinel , RSM , High Risk list , Max Cacas
A recent survey of chief human capital officers reveals some shortcomings and frustrations in the relationship between CHCOs and the Office of Personnel Management. But two veteran federal HR experts said such a tension is natural and even healthy. And a top OPM leader talks about an initiative to resolve concerns over the shortcomings of training on the part of the HR workforce and their ability to assist in hiring reforms.
Tags: management , human resource management , CHCO Council , Kathryn Medina , DHS , Jeff Neal , John Salamone , FMP , Ron Sanders , Booz Allen Hamilton , Partnership for Public Service , Grant Thornton , hiring reforms , Max Cacas
Federal agencies were more generous with student loan repayment benefits in 2009 than in the previous year.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , CHCO , DHS , Jeff Neal , Navy , Pat Adams , Ray Limon , CNCS , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service , Scott Cameron , Grant Thornton , federal hiring , Kathryn Medina , Max Cacas
Agency said latest statistics find on average federal employees make 22 percent less than their private sector counterparts. Sheldon Friedman, chairman of the Federal Prevailing Rate Advisory Committee, says recent news stories about feds making more than the private sector do not accurately depict the data.