Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OPM
What do the director of the Office of Personnel Management, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and Washington's electric power company have in common? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says all three of them are having a very tough winter and it's only going to get worse.
The Maryland State Highway Administration says the ground also may be oversaturated from the rain. That could lead to trees uprooting and falling on roads.
OPM and the Partnership for Public Service are offering a series of hiring workshops. Agencies still have work to do to implement the President's hiring reform mandate.
Feds will be able to enroll in the Federal Long Term Care Program starting in April. OPM also extends eligibility to same-sex partners.
Former federal technology officials and industry experts offered ideas and suggestions on how to make project management its own career series in the government. OMB and OPM were collecting ideas from several former, long-time agency officials.
Every time we have a snowstorm here in your very hilly nation's capital, survivors emerge the next morning with tales of the horror of their commute and the bravery they exhibited getting to and from work. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey examines the morning after.
The speed of Wednesday's snowstorm and the fact that some federal employees didn't heed the two-hour dismissal collided to form a "perfect storm" of gridlock on the roads, Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry tells Federal News Radio. Berry says he always makes decisions on the operating status of the government by considering the safety of federal employees and how to maintain operations of the federal government to the greatest extent possible.
Following Wednesday evening's heavy snow fall, Federal News Radio is polling feds on how much the weather affected their commute.
Angela Bailey, the official leading the reform training teams, said phase one of the effort was successful. She plans to release new tools to help agencies even more.
Part of "The Need for the Next Generation" special report, the Office of Personnel Management is creating an innovation lab in its basement to test different workplaces and work styles.