Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OPM
Changes to the The National Institute of Standards and Technology's hiring protocol will update its 13-year-old Alternative Personnel Management System. The new rules will let NIST have direct-hire authority to expedite hiring for critical functions.
The agency is using service level agreements to help ensure hiring managers are involved in all parts of the process. VA cut the amount of time it takes to hire a new employee by 20 days. VA hopes to get the average time down below the governmentwide goal of 80 days in 2011.
OPM's Nancy Kichak explains how the cyber internship works.
GAO has recommendations for what more agencies and OPM can do to recruit and keep talented workers
Prefunding USPS pension plans, says the Postal Service, is breaking them. Lorie Nelson, with the USPS OIG, has some surprising findings.
The federal CIO Vivek Kundra will roll out specifics about the administration's plan to change the way agencies buy and manage technology. The administration wants to give CIOs more authority over the budget for commodity IT such as e-mail or infrastructure. Kundra also said 2012 budget request will include requirements for continuous monitoring of agency networks.
Dr. Naomi Leventhal, director in Deloitte Consulting's Federal Human Capital Practice, describes the 'culture change' that will have to take place for telework policies to work.
The Office of Personnel Management is conducting a study to find out why the federal government has such a difficult time disciplining and firing poor performing workers.
December and January are good months to retire. You can get paid for maximum unused annual leave at a higher rate. But, says Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, be advised that you will need a stash of cash to tide you over until you start getting a full annuity check.