Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OPM
OPM Director John Berry and new Associate Director Bill Zielinski explain what feds who are caught in the backlog, or those who are about to retire, can do to help OPM process their claims.
OPM said the rise in costs is lower than the industry standard. Employees who choose family coverage will see an increase of $22.90 a month. Open season starts Nov. 8.
More than 32,800 vets were hired by federal agencies in the first six months of FY2010.
The head of the government's top personnel office thinks the future looks bright for fixing the hiring process, which has been called broken, in the federal sector.
OPM says that it's unfair to compare federal workers' compensation with private sector workers at-large. Federal workers are specialized and have a higher degree of education, and only 11 percent of employees work in blue collar jobs. In addition, OPM director John Berry told Federal News Radio that the number of healthcare and technology professionals in the federal workforce grew by 50 percent over the last 30 years. The Cato Institute reports that federal employees rank in the top five sectors based on average annual pay.
Energy announces plans to host officials from several federal agencies to raise awareness and donations for the July collection of the "Feds Feed Families" nationwide food drive.
Dr. Doug Meckes says his job is more than barns and chicken coops. As director of DHS's Food, Agriculture, and Veterinary Defense Division, he helps secure the nation by protecting our food supply. And he says the role of federal vets is only growing.
Agency releases new guides to help hiring managers implement the new approach, which will replace the rule of three.
Director John Berry has asked federal and private sector experts to come up with a formula to compare public and private sector salaries. He says the government has a perception problem that needs to be fixed. Two senators introduce provisions to freeze federal pay and the number of employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Christine Griffin , Tom Coburn , John Thune , BLS , Senior Executive Association , NAPA , Administrative Conference of the U.S. , diversity , hiring reforms , pay raise , Jason Miller , Executive Update 2010
Senate passes a bill that calls for many of the same changes the administration is asking for. House committee wants more answers about how the reforms would affect the hiring of veterans. OPM promises more answers in 90 days.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Stephen Lynch , Jason Chaffetz , Eleanor Holmes-Norton , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , VA , NTEU , hiring reforms , veterans preference , USAJobs.gov , Federal Career Internship Program , Jason Miller