Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMBWatch
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs administrator Cass Sunstein sent two memos to agencies telling them to take specific steps to improve and reduce duplication in new and existing rules.
Statement of Administration Policy and letter to Senate recommends keeping the E-Government Fund separate from the Federal Citizen Services Fund. The Sunlight Foundation and OMBWatch also want lawmakers to fully fund the E-Government Fund.
Budget experts say memo is confusing
Group claims federal agencies need more flexibility and a more streamlined process in order to fully comply.
OMBWatch's Gary Bass assesses the new policy from the White House on the independence of federal scientists' work.
Experts and lawmakers say the proof will be in the OIRA guidance to agencies in how impactful these reforms will be. Agencies must submit plans to OIRA in 120 days about how they will review existing regulations to ensure they are still relevant. Agencies will have to determine a cost-benefit analysis on existing rules.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Cass Sunstein , Darrell Issa , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , White House , OIRA , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , Gary Bass , Susan Dudley , George Washington University , regulatory reform , regulatory burden , executive order , Jason Miller
A newly-issued White House mandate provides new guidance for handling sensitive agency documents. Experts are giving it positive reviews so far. The new directive supersedes a similar order issued by the Bush administration, which critics say created a chaotic tangle of incompatible agency document classifications.
Tags: management , Executive Order 13556 , NARA , Controlled Unclassified Information Office , Jay Bosanko , Sean Moulton , Open the Government Coalition , Patrice McDermott , document classification , controlled unclassified information , Max Cacas