Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB Watch
There's a new feature at FedSpending.org.
Organization's Craig Jennings says the site looks better, but whether it works at improving transparency is yet to be seen.
Pressing the Obama White House on accountability and openness
The plethora of new, previously unavailable datasets blossoming on federal agency websites following a deadline last Friday are just the most recent manifestation of the Open Government Initiative. Recently, a panel of experts sat down at the American University's Washington College of Law to explore the OGI as part of the Obama Administration's push for more transparency and openness. They discussed where agencies go from here towards an April deadline set by the White House.
Tags: newsstand , Open Government Directive , Alex Hunt , Office of Management and Budget , Sean Moulton , American University , Washington College of Law , Collaboration on Government Secrecy , Max Cacas
The head of one of Washington's many "good government" groups rates the Obama Administration on its efforts towards trasparency and open government as we approach the first anniversary of Barack Obama's Inauguration.