Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
OMB wants federal employees to submit ideas for how to reduce spending and make agency services more efficient. The winner will present their idea to the President and it will be included in the 2011 budget.
What's missing and what's different from a standard, annual federal report is often just as telling as what is included in the report.
Executive Vice President
Professional Services Council
August 31st, 2009
CRS report details options for Congress to improve the troubled program.
Tags: collaboration , contracting , DorobekInsider , Federal News Radio , Federal News Radio Book Club , government 2.0 , management , policy , technology , Web 2.0 , White House , books , procurement , transparency
The White House wants agencies to shift priorities as they develop their fiscal 2011 budget submissions to focus more on the administration's science and technology priorities.
In the private sector, it's not unusual for a vendor to have incentive clauses written into a contract, but in federal contracting, agencies sometimes employ the practice of "rollovers", extending additional opportunities to earn bonuses even to contractors who come up short on their contractual performance. And that is a matter of concern for one Senate oversight committee.
President appoints Mike Resnick to be the new senior director for information sharing policy. Congress questions how the White House position will mesh with the Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment.
He also nominates new CPSC commissioner and chairwoman of Merit Systems Protection Board.