Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
Agency leaders say a commitment hiring and training contract oversight personnel is an important step towards balancing the federal budget and increasing efficiency. They highlight several creative cost-cutting measures being undertaken government-wide.
Jeffrey Zients has been the federal chief performance officer for a little over a year now.
Jacob Lew, the last White House budget director to oversee a budget surplus, will be nominated to return to his old post as director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), President Obama announced Tuesday. The Hill's Walter Alarkon joins us with details.
OMB's figures come "from an incomplete database built from inconsistent data managed mainly by the agencies themselves, each using its own inventory method," says the Reason Foundation. Director of economic research, Anthony Randazzo, explains.
GovExec's Tom Shoop has more.
The Office of Management and Budget is taking aim at approximately 30 agency financial management modernization systems. Part of the new oversight is a Financial Systems Advisory Board made up of CFOs and CIOs across the government. The administration's goals are lower costs and improve performance by addressing long standing project problems.
DHS gets official oversight over all civilian agency computer networks.
Experts say nothing will matter unless agency managers buy-in to the idea that telework is an operational advantage.
He'll join the think tank after his July 30 departure from the Obama administration.