Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
Monday's proposal by President Obama to freeze Federal pay for two years has been subject number one on FederalNewsRadio.com the last several days.
WFED's Jason Miller discusses OMB's plans to change IT acquisition and management.
Is it the little-engine-that-could, or a zombie that can't be killed? The controversial alternative engine for the F-35 fighter jet is back in the news.
The Fiscal Commission issued its final set of recommendations detailing several that would affect federal employees. The panel suggested reducing the federal workforce by 200,000 employees over the next five years, changing the FEHB to a defined contribution premium program and several other short term changes.
Tags: management , White House , National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and R , Paul Posner , Robert Shea , Alice Rivlin , George Mason University , Grant Thornton , budget deficit , pay freeze , spending cuts , Jason Miller
Prashant Gaur, president of the American Council for Technology, discussed his reactions to OMB's plans to reform IT management.
The administration issued a new memo to help agencies implement the Plan Writing Act. Agencies have a set of deadlines to meet over the next year as part of the law.
Federal News Radio's Scott Carr and Jason Miller discuss OMB's five-part plan to restructure IT project management.
The Office of Management and Budget announced five structural changes to put renewed focus on improving IT management. OMB CPO Jeffrey Zients says the way government currently budgets for and acquires IT is "broken."
A new survey from the Professional Services Council and Grant Thornton finds contracting officers don't always find new guidance helpful in how they do their job. Acquisition workers also say too much oversight is causing innovation to be muted.
The deputy administrator for E-Gov and IT in OMB will take on a deputy program manager role to help improve information sharing across law enforcement agencies.