Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
The assessment is part of OMB's 25-point plan to reform IT. The review begins Jan. 18.
Several departments are out ahead of the OMB mandate to consolidate data facilities over the next four years. Energy is starting small to show business owners they will get the same level of service under the new setup. Other agencies see green in cutting back on the centers-both money and energy efficiency.
Tags: technology , Bill Turnbull , Cindy Cassil , Margie Graves , Alfred Rivera , DHS , State , Energy , DISA , AFCEA , data center consolidation , cloud computing , green IT , enterprise e-mail , Jason Miller
OMB controller Danny Werfel said the Treasury Department should be finished testing and analyzing systems in the next six months. The CFO Council highlights priorities for 2011, and among them is the further reduction of improper payments. Werfel said agencies will begin using the software tool first utilized by the Recovery Board to identify potential problems.
Office of Management and Budget Director Jack Lew announced the President's plan to nominate Heather Higginbottom to replace Rob Nabors.
The Office of Management and Budget is reminding agencies for a second time in four years not to use brand names in their procurements.
NBC's Michael Isikoff details the OMB memo telling agencies to observe behavioral changes in employees.
NextGov reports that OMB has set a Jan. 28 deadline for agencies to complete their assessments of how they handled classified information.
Agencies must evaluate their security systems to ensure classified information remains secret. OMB, with guidance from ISOO and ODNI, has a battery of questions for agency heads in their second memo after the release of documents on WikiLeaks.
A newly-released EPA Inspector General's audit found that the agency lacks the internal controls it needs to make sure its workforce is aligned with its missions.
President Obama has signed an executive order that replaces the controversial Federal Career Intern Program with three consolidated 'pathways.' Administration officials say the old hiring system put agencies at a competitive disadvantage with private sector employers.
Tags: management , hiring , pay and benefits , Federal Career Intern Program , Merit Systems Protection Board , Jared Serbu , National Treasury Employees Union , American Federation of Government Employees , Colleen Kelly , John Gage