Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
Former USDA CIO Anne Reed responds to OMB's plan to reform IT management.
The FAR Councils issued an interim rule requiring changes to the use of and oversight of interagency contracts. OFPP reports that agencies spent $52 billion on multiple award and GWACs in 2009. The new requirements will help get that spending under better control, the councils say.
Contracting officers have been reluctant to wade into RFPs. Steve Schooner says they should, in fact, be at the very center of discussions right from the start. The professor of federal contracting tells us why.
"Hard, but do-able," says a former administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy about OMB's new 25 point IT reform plan. Steve Kelman explains.
The Office of Management and Budget said many feds responsible for IT acquisition are so cautious about running afoul of ethics rules that they're passing up what could be productive interactions with the industry. The administration plans to start an awareness campaign to improve communication between agencies and vendors.
The administration detailed a 25-point plan to improve the way agencies buy and manage technology. Current and former government officials say OMB is using lessons learned from the past to set the agencies up for success.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Teri Takai , Jeff Zients , DoD , Tim Young , Mark Forman , Bob Dix , Deloitte Consulting , KPMG , Juniper Networks , IT reforms , cloud computing , agile development , cybersecurity , Jason Miller
WFED's Jason Miller gives an update on the 26 high-risk IT projects on OMB's list.
Senior administration officials this morning will propose major changes to the way agencies buy, manage and implement technology over the next 18 months. The reforms include moving at least three technologies to the cloud, changing the role of CIOs and strengthening program management across the government. OMB applying industry best practices and lessons learned from TechStat sessions.