Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
The White House is detailing how a government reorganization effort will work, and who will run it.
The chief performance officer will be joined by Lisa Brown, who currently serves as the assistant to the president and staff secretary. The restructuring will begin with trade and exports to give companies better opportunities in the global marketplace.
Trudy Givens, who works at the Bureau of Prisons in Wisconsin, received more than 20,000 votes for her suggestion to stop printing and mailing the Federal Register to employees. She won the 2010 SAVE Award and talked to President Obama about it Friday.
Former federal technology officials and industry experts offered ideas and suggestions on how to make project management its own career series in the government. OMB and OPM were collecting ideas from several former, long-time agency officials.
Federal News Radio has obtained exclusive details on the IT budget guidance OMB sent to agencies for the fiscal 2012 budget request. The administration is asking agencies to begin using monitoring their networks continuously by the end of next year. OMB also sets deadlines for cyberscope, IPv6 and funding of e-government projects.
A 25-point action plan for government IT reform has the right idea, but Mark Forman and Karen Evans say there needs to be more focus on getting rid of duplicative systems.
Joe Moye, CEO of Capgemini Government Solutions, shares his thoughts on the strengths and weaknesses of the IT reform plan.
Gino Magnifico, the chief information officer for the Army Contracting Command, explains how tenets of the 25-point plan from the Office of Management and Budget have helped boost performance at ACC.
The assessment is part of OMB's 25-point plan to reform IT. The review begins Jan. 18.
Several departments are out ahead of the OMB mandate to consolidate data facilities over the next four years. Energy is starting small to show business owners they will get the same level of service under the new setup. Other agencies see green in cutting back on the centers-both money and energy efficiency.
Tags: technology , Bill Turnbull , Cindy Cassil , Margie Graves , Alfred Rivera , DHS , State , Energy , DISA , AFCEA , Data center consolidation , cloud computing , green IT , enterprise e-mail , jason miller