Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
The Partnership for Public Service and Grant Thornton LLP release the report "Embracing Change," in which interviewers questioned 62 federal CHCOs and HR leaders on the challenges facing the federal workplace and their proposed resolutions.
The White House is threatening a veto of the House version of a $601 billion defense bill over election-year moves to spare weapons systems and popular programs in the face of limited budgets.
The Office of Management and Budget has released its budget guidance for 2016. It sets up a complicated regime so managers tie program performance to their budget requests. For advice on how managers can get started, Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp spoke with Karen Evans, former e-Government and IT administrator at OMB.
Anne Rung, the associate administrator of the General Services Administration's Office of Governmentwide Policy, is heading to the Office of Management and Budget by the end of May to be a senior adviser.
The Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation issued two RFIs in the last few weeks. One announced an industry day for May 21, and the other is looking for ideas to improve how the government manages and integrates data from different systems.
Tags: management , financial management , Treasury , Joe Ward , Interior , HHS , Jason Miller , Bill McCabe , Government Performance Summit , Beth Angerman , The Performance Institute , Mark Reger , shared services , the Association of Government Accountants
Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel details three focus areas to improve how agencies buy technology. He says agencies must have the best people, the best contractors and well-designed processes to ensure success in meeting customer and citizen needs.
The Office of Management and Budget told agencies in its annual budget guidance to propose a 2 percent reduction in discretionary spending levels and an increase for a specific, prioritized set of programs that are working well. OMB's Lisa Danzig said agencies should use the data from their strategic reviews to help make these decisions.
Effectiveness is the latest buzzword spreading across the federal performance community. Lisa Danzig is charged with building an effectiveness culture to go with the efficiency focus that has emerged over the last few years. Danzig took over the day-to-day management of governmentwide performance just about two months ago. She is the associate director for personnel and performance at the Office of Management and Budget. Danzig spoke with Executive Editor Jason Miller at the Government Performance Summit in Washington.
The Office of Management and Budget and the Treasury Department are designating four shared-service providers for financial management. They will provide core accounting and other services to federal agencies. Relmond Van Daniker, executive director of the Association of Government Accountants, met Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller at the Government Performance Summit to discuss the announcement.