Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
Under the Obama administration's strategic sourcing cross-agency priority goal, new commodity managers will oversee "hallways" for information technology, administration and human resources across government. The hope is that the managers and their teams of experts will be able to offer guidance and best practices to agencies when it comes to strategic sourcing.
The Office of Management and Budget and the Office of Science and Technology Policy are on track to launch a new metadata validator tool this month. They are also developing an integrated dashboard that will track agency progress on the administration's open data goals.
OMB has already deployed small teams to a few agencies to help with one-off digital projects, but the next step is standing up a more formal "Digital Service" within OMB. When fully operational, the office would be staffed with about 25 tech professionals — from outside the government — who would parachute into agencies on two-to-four-year rotations to help get new IT projects off the ground and help get wayward projects back on track.
The Office of Management and Budget revealed its plans to speed up transactions and services.
The Obama administration looks to expand shared service usage even more by improving existing financial shared service providers and laying the groundwork for shared service governance.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: FedRAMP compliance results months away, OMB's word of the year: Effectiveness
In this edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz about the IT and acquisition communities.
Tags: FedRAMP , Steve VanRoekel , Beth Cobert , Lisa Schlosser , PortfolioStat , management , IT , Jennifer Kerber , David Walker , Katie Lewin , GSA , Sonny Hasmi , Casey Coleman , Senate , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook
Inside the DoD Reporter's Notebook: DoD releases missing piece of 2015 budget; defense acquisition 'good enough'
The Defense Department's request for its overseas contingency operations is about $20 billion less than initial estimates. Former Defense officials say realistic goals and managed expectations usually spelled success for weapons systems.
A new report from the Government Accountability Office suggests the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of Management and Budget need to take a more active role in monitoring and guiding small agencies when it comes to their security and privacy-protection programs.
The nomination of Shaun Donovan to be director of the Office of Management and Budget as well as a variety of bills dealing with federal IT reform and cybersecurity updates crowded the docket of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee business meeting Wednesday.
Tags: technology , Congress , Shaun Donovan , Tom Carper , Tom Coburn , IT reform , cybersecurity , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Beth Cobert , Mark Forman , TASC , Erica McCann , Daniel Castro , Jason Miller
In this edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz about the IT and acquisition communities. Senate lawmakers prepare to mark-up IT reform bill next week. CIO's spend time at camp where OMB and others emphasize the word of the year: effectiveness.
Tags: technology , DATA Act , financial management , A-11 , Senate Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee , FITARA , FISMA , cybersecurity , Steve VanRoekel , Tom Carper , Tom Coburn , budget , security clearances , ODNI , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook