Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients hires Shelley Metzenbaum to help lead the performance management effort. OMB to lean on the Performance Improvement Council to develop and advocate for new approach.
Tags: management , Jeffrey Zients , Bernice Steinhardt , Sen. Tom Carper , Shelley Metzenbaum , GAO , CMS , FEMA , Interior , NASA , NRC , VA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , EPA , Performance Improvement Council , GPRA , PART , performance management
OMB wants federal employees to submit ideas for how to reduce spending and make agency services more efficient. The winner will present their idea to the President and it will be included in the 2011 budget.
What's missing and what's different from a standard, annual federal report is often just as telling as what is included in the report.
Executive Vice President
Professional Services Council
August 31st, 2009
CRS report details options for Congress to improve the troubled program.
Tags: collaboration , contracting , DorobekInsider , Federal News Radio , Federal News Radio Book Club , government 2.0 , management , policy , technology , Web 2.0 , White House , books , procurement , transparency
The White House wants agencies to shift priorities as they develop their fiscal 2011 budget submissions to focus more on the administration's science and technology priorities.
In the private sector, it's not unusual for a vendor to have incentive clauses written into a contract, but in federal contracting, agencies sometimes employ the practice of "rollovers", extending additional opportunities to earn bonuses even to contractors who come up short on their contractual performance. And that is a matter of concern for one Senate oversight committee.
President appoints Mike Resnick to be the new senior director for information sharing policy. Congress questions how the White House position will mesh with the Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment.