Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
Huston Prescott from Alaska says streamlining redundant inspections of subsidized housing would save inspectors' time and taxpayers' money. Subsidized housing units all across the country receive funds from many different grant programs.
New bill hopes to address remaining challenges to improve the security clearance process. The legislation would require this new council to submit a new strategic plan and technology plan.
Deputy DoD CIO Wennergren dispels rumors of modified responsibilities for next appointee. Technology executives see their responsibilities evolve to meet their agency's mission. OMB will issue memo reaffirming the role of the CIO.
More than 3.3 million agency employees now have secure ID cards. The CIO Council also releases new roadmap and implementation guidance for identity and access management. The guidance is intended to bring several governmentwide efforts together under one initiative.
Acting CHCO Sanders says human resources will play key role in helping agency transform. HR employees must provide insight similar to a consultant to help meet the agency's needs. USDA also must engage its employees so they feel like they are contributing to meeting the agency's mission.
Federal Salary Council submits recommendations to OMB, OPM, Labor and President's Pay Agent to increase the average locality pay by 43 percent. Council says no new locality pay areas are needed.
Agency issued a draft RFP requesting industry comment on its new requirements. GSA says 23 major agencies and 38 smaller ones are using one of three E-Travel vendors.
OMB has launched new tool to automate FISMA reporting. This data will help populate a new cybersecurity dashboard, federal CIO Vivek Kundra says. OMB also wants to collect more specific data around how much and where agencies are spending money on IT security.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , security , Vivek Kundra , John Streufert , Tom Carper , State , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , DHS , NIST , CIO Council , metrics , FISMA , dashboard
Financial management line of business effort is continuing. But it is expanding to address making data easier to obtain and share. OMB issued its final set of business process standards. FederalNewsRadio's Jason Miller gets the inside details at the 19th annual Executive Leadership Conference.
Keeping your finger on the money: There's a brand new focus for your agency's financial management plans. FederalNewsRadio's Jason Miller explains.