Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: OMB
Federal Salary Council submits recommendations to OMB, OPM, Labor and President's Pay Agent to increase the average locality pay by 43 percent. Council says no new locality pay areas are needed.
Agency issued a draft RFP requesting industry comment on its new requirements. GSA says 23 major agencies and 38 smaller ones are using one of three E-Travel vendors.
OMB has launched new tool to automate FISMA reporting. This data will help populate a new cybersecurity dashboard, federal CIO Vivek Kundra says. OMB also wants to collect more specific data around how much and where agencies are spending money on IT security.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , security , Vivek Kundra , John Streufert , Tom Carper , State , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , DHS , NIST , CIO Council , metrics , FISMA , dashboard
Financial management line of business effort is continuing. But it is expanding to address making data easier to obtain and share. OMB issued its final set of business process standards. FederalNewsRadio's Jason Miller gets the inside details at the 19th annual Executive Leadership Conference.
Keeping your finger on the money: There's a brand new focus for your agency's financial management plans. FederalNewsRadio's Jason Miller explains.
A notice in the Federal Register asks for public comments on ways to reduce the information collection burden on the public. Administration will accept comments for 60 days. OMB will use the comments to inform its annual report to Congress on how agencies are implementing the PRA.
Anyone now working for the Federal Government or who knows someone who is a fed likely has their own story of how long it took to get the job. In some cases, it can take up to a year for some high-security jobs. But does it really have to be that way? Federal News Radio's Max Cacas continues our week-long special series, "the Five Fallacies of Government". Today: "The federal hiring process must be slow and arduous."
Tags: series , fallacies , mngt , P&B , Senate Subcommittee on the Oversight of Government , federal workforce , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , John Berry , OPM , Jeffrey Zients , President Obama , Max Cacas , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
In today's look at the "5 Fallacies of Government?", FederalNewsRadio turns the focus on the "retirement wave" of the future.
New group is developing performance measures that are based on outcomes. OMB has set a November deadline for a draft of the metrics that will be reviewed by government and industry. DHS says the governmentwide focus to improve cybersecurity is on standards, metrics and authentication.